Monday, October 26, 2009

UNITING THE WORLD WITH U2ube.

For the first time, YouTube has teamed up with a band to, for lack of a better word "televise," a free concert. This was probably a huge step in music and technology and of course, there's only one band so ahead of the curve: U2. No doubt, with the success of this historic digital event, we will see start to see more concerts online.

The show started with a 30 minute countdown to U2's stage entrance. The growing anticipation, I must admit, definitely added to this virtual concert experience. And then voila, the show began. You probably forget immediately that you're watching it on the internet and believe me, it's something that you have to experience. I found myself singing along with Bono and if I had more space, I probably would've danced. And with all great concerts, I noticed the very familiar exhilaration of hearing great hits.

U2 is probably one of the only bands that can perform for about 2 hours, continuously playing hit after hit. They played such a beautiful and diverse set and as Bono put it "We've got old songs, new songs and songs we can hardly play."

This was truly the cheapest and one of the best concerts I've been to.