Friday, October 16, 2009

A NEW WAVE OF SHOOTING FILMS.



















Welcome to a new age of digital films. I just got myself a Canon 5D mark II and it is...insane. I'm not gonna talk about the great images this thing produces at an astonishing 21.1 megapixels but rather its new feature: full HD video.

I must say, from what I've seen, this thing can compete with the best film cameras out there. I don't see a huge difference between the infamous Red Camera (http://www.red.com/) and the 5D mark II. The main problem with the 5D is image stability because of its light weight, unlike the Red Camera - you can buy stabilizers and rigs, etc.

In any case, here's a relatively cheap opportunity to start shooting your own films. Forget presenting storyboards, imagine presenting fully shot test commercials to clients. Have a look at these:



Canon 5D mark II - Commercial Shoot from Denver Riddle on Vimeo.


Mark II from Alex Delarge on Vimeo.


Tokyo Reality (Canon 5D MarkII) from Florent Porta on Vimeo.