Friday, April 22, 2011

FIRST IMPRESSIONS.

Okay so I've been in Beijing 3 months exactly. For those who don't know, China has a very tight grip on their internet - no facebook, no twitter, no blogging - hence my absence. It's been an interesting and difficult ride so far getting to know the city and the culture, getting adjusted at work, making friends and moving into my new apartment.

I love the city. It's a beautiful mix of the past and the future. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten lost and feel like I've gone through a wormhole and traveled back in time. One of the most incredible sites I've ever seen are the hutongs - the old maze-like neighborhoods of Beijing. In a fast developing city, I can only hope they preserve these classic districts which makes Beijing unique from any other city.



The work. I'm working with Proximity; the innovative leg of advertising giant BBDO. The talent here is awesome. We've got talent from all over the world mixed with the local flavor brought by those born and raised here. What makes work-life even better is their unmatched passion to make every piece perfect.  PERFECT. It makes you feel small but makes you feel like you're a part of something great. Somedays it feels like a pain in the ass to get things done but nevertheless, perfect.

We're launching one of the most ambitious projects I've ever seen for Volkswagen, which I honestly believe will change the way cars are designed today. Yes...it is that big. We are already present at the 2011 Shanghai Auto Show and the project is gathering momentum already. May 20 is the big day. I'll post then.

Until next time...